Since purchased iTunes movies are under the protection of DRM, you may want to set the media files free. To get this done, you need to get a DRM removal tool to help you. Now, there are many such programs like TuneFab, M4VGear or NoteBurner, so it might be difficult to decide which one to buy. Here we will give you a detailed M4VGear Review to help you make right decision.
You may also interested in: NoteBurner Review.
Part 1 What is M4VGear?
M4VGear DRM Media Converter is an innovative software tool available in the market either for Mac or Windows version to convert iTunes M4V videos to DRM free video & audio in format such as MP4, MOV, MP3, AVI, AAC, etc. or other portable devices like Samsung S8, PS4, Kindle Fire, etc.
• Remove DRM from iTunes Rentals & Purchases
• Retain AC3 5.1 audio track and all multilingual subtitles & audio tracks.
• Provide many video & audio output formats like MP4, MOV, MP3, etc.
• Convert iTunes videos to Android devices, Game Console, etc.
• Support batch conversion
If you are planning to use this M4VGear, you must buy the full version for $44.95, as the free trial only converts videos up to 5 minutes.
Part 2 How M4VGear Work?
As we state before, you can legally remove DRM from iTunes purchases and rentals by converting them to MP4, MOV, etc. Though it has a simple interface, you may need to spend some time to learn it. See the detailed steps below to know how to use M4VGear iTunes Media Converter.
Step 1. Download and install M4VGear on your computer. Please remember you must install the iTunes on your computer first. Otherwise, the software can't be started.
Step 2. After launching M4VGear, you need to add the iTunes movies, TV shows or music videos you want to convert from the iTunes library manually.
Step 3. Then you can choose the output format. Actually, it is difficult to find an exact format you want since it don't have a search feature.
Step 4. Additionally, you can choose the audio tracks and subtitles you want to keep on the video info section.
Step 5. Click the "Convert" button, it will pop up a window with conversion progress. It will take long time to finish a high resolution film.
Part 3 Pros and Cons of M4VGear
• Preserve lossless quality
• Interface of English, German, French & Japanese
• Lifelong free upgrades and support
• Customize video and audio parameters
• Clip video length for conversion
• Provide up to 20X speed
• Only support iTunes purchases and rentals
• Do not support iTunes audios and audiobooks
• Though it said M4VGear offers high conversion speed, it still took long time to convert high-resolution videos.
• List of output format and devices feel a little messy.
Tips: To convert Apple Music or audiobooks, you can get help from:
Part 4 Alternative Option for M4VGear iTunes Media Converter
If you want to get another option, you can take a try with TuneFab M4V Converter. It is an easy-to-use and intuitive DRM removal tool that can produce DRM-free copies of the original iTunes movies, TV shows, music videos, etc. Also, it can retain all AC3 Dolby 5.1 Audio, AD, audio tracks, subtitles and closed captions in output files. Better still, you can output 1080p/720p HD videos with 100% original quality. But one shortcoming is this program only support MP4 output format so far. In fact, MP4 can be playback on almost all popular devices like Android phone and tablet, PS4, Xbox One/360, Samsung Smart TV, etc.
Key Features of TuneFab M4V Converter:
• Remove DRM from both iTunes purchases and rentals
• 30X faster speed to convert M4V videos to MP4
• Keep AC3 Dolby 5.1 Audio, AD track, Multilanguage subtitles
• Preserve 100% original video quality after conversion
• Professional technical team and support team